Join our Team!
We work hard to be the place where talent wants to work – so if you’re a friendly, creative and highly skilled IT professional who wants to join our team of marvelous design and development talent, then don’t hesitate and submit your CV today! We may not have an opening right now - but when we do, a lot of the time we’ll refer back to the people who’ve made contact with us.
So what are you waiting for? Send us your CV - we promise we’ll have a good read of it, before we stash it away somewhere safe until a vacancy comes up that we think might suit your talents.
We’d also love it if you could head over to our Room9 Careers Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/room9ltd and give us a ‘Like’. It’s a great way to get a feel for our culture and super talented staff – plus that’s the first place we’ll post any job vacancies.
Have a fabulous day!
The Room9 Team
- VARIETY – If you love variety, then you’ll love working as a Roomie at Room9. You’ll work across a wide range of clients and technologies.
- TAILORED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT – We tailor professional growth plans for each and every one of our Roomies. It’s part of our ongoing commitment to nurturing talent and honing individual skillsets.
- FLEXIBLE WORK HOURS – At Room9 we’ll work with you to make sure your work-life balance doesn’t feel like a constant juggle. We have many Mums and Dads in our team and understand that things are sometimes not 9 to 5.
- AGILE ENVIRONMENT – We are embracing Agile (Scrum). All our processes - across all facets of our business - are fully agile.
- GEEK OUT SESSIONS – We provide plenty of opportunities to tinker with new technologies and host regular monthly dev team sessions where you can really get your geek on!
- FORTNIGHTLY LUNCHES – We like to bring all our Roomies together once a fortnight for a paid lunch shout. Let’s face it – who doesn’t love good food, great company and engaging conversation?
- SOCIAL EVENTS – At the end of a busy week, we encourage our Roomies to let their hair down and enjoy a few beers and snacks on us. This is often accompanied by a gaming console or two.
- FREE PHONES – We make sure all our Roomies working in client facing roles are hooked you up with a new phone and a monthly data/calling plan when they first start.
Our Roomies about Room9
Gian BasagreSoftware Developer
"I love working at Room9 because I get to work on interesting and challenging projects while at the same time being able to use modern tech stack.
Management is transparent and approachable. They support your career development by encouraging you to take certifications, attend tech conferences, research on new technologies, and by sharing your knowledge through our GeekOut sessions.
Overall, it's a relaxed, distraction-free, and fun place to work as a developer with some of the nicest people you'll ever meet."
Sarah CrockerMarketing & Admin
"Room9 has assembled one of the most talented teams I've ever had the privilege to work alongside. There are absolutely no egos associated with the vast IQ’s housed inside these Naylor Street walls; without exception the staff are humble and friendly. I love that Room9 is committed to living and breathing its vision and values – many businesses use these simply for ‘box checking’, but not at Room9, they like to walk the talk. The directors of this small business that boxes well above its weight have empowered me to work autonomously, which means there’s a great sense of job satisfaction."
Isaac GilmourSoftware Developer
"What I love about Room9 is that everyone has a computer science background, everyone’s voice is heard, and there is always a drive to learn more. As a junior software developer, I really feel part of the team. I always feel that I am contributing and appreciated, even at my level. The work environment is great, we have people from all over the world who add great personality and experience to Room9. There are always opportunities to up-skill with conferences, events, and the Geek Outs, where us developers take an afternoon to learn about a new technology."
Message from Dave and Claudia, owners of Room9Claudia Hill, CEO & Dave Lowndes, Development Manager
It was always important to us to build a business that helps its clients grow and succeed through the use of great IT. For this to come to fruition we need more than just good staff – so we’re working relentlessly to create an environment where talent wants to work.
We’ve put a huge amount of effort into shaping and developing our team and we’re proud of the super talented Roomies we’ve assembled to-date. Without exception, each and every one of them is exceptional in their own way. As part of our ongoing commitment to nurturing talent and honing individual’s skillsets, all our Roomies have tailored professional development plans that we regularly review.
We get hugely excited about welcoming on board any new Roomie. Room9 has a wonderfully respectful, warm and family vibe about it. We understand the importance of work life balance and respect that everyone's circumstances outside of work are different, which is why we offer flexibility in our work arrangements where ever possible.
If you’re a friendly, creative and highly skilled IT professional who wants to join our team of marvelous design and development talent, then don’t hesitate and submit your CV today.